As part of the expansion of our project portfolio, we are glad to launch a Call for Projects. Horyzon is looking for a project which focuses on the work with young people in one or more of the following Sustainable Development Goals:
1, 4, 5, 8, 10, 11, 16, 17
The selected project, if proven to be successful, is supported financially and with expertise by Horyzon over several years. The basic contribution is USD 50’000 per year.
Projects supported by Horyzon have to meet the following criteria:
- The main focus of the project is on young people.
- The project should be in line with the working principles of the Horyzon Foundation, such as a human rights-based, bottom-up approach, and should be based on the Sustainable Development Goals of the United Nations as mentioned above.
- The activities within the project correspond to the needs of the local youth.
- The implementing organisation has to be a member of the YMCA or YWCA network.
- The project already exists and initial experience has been gained.
- The implementing partner organisation participates financially in the project and the project is supported by several donors.
- Applications from African countries are explicitly encouraged.
If you have a project that corresponds to the above criteria and needs our support, please submit us a documentation of your project (maximum of 6 pages) until 15th of June 2019. The documentation should contain the following information:
- Description of the local/national context and the problems addressed
- Description of the project/initiative with impact hypothesis and/or theory of change
- A schedule of the project and a description of the activities carried out
- The stakeholders of the project
- A detailed budget of the project indicating the financial contribution needed
- A contact person and the address of the NGO
Please send your project description to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Call for projects – project description”, until 15th of June 2019